Chase Guest House is a comfortable family home on a sugar farm, situated 1.5 km from Eshowe town centre and offering personal service and country hospitality. Relax in two spacious double Garden Cottages with private braai areas, or a three-bedroomed Farm Cottage with two bathrooms (none en-suite) ideal for families or birders. Self-catering or bed-and-breakfast options are available. Enjoy free WiFi, DSTV, fans, and heaters. Tea, coffee, and toiletries are provided.
The beautiful garden is a birder’s paradise, with a tennis court, swimming pool, and trampoline for the more energetic. Walkers will enjoy the indigenous forests on the farm. Cycling and fishing on the estate are also permitted. There are numerous farm animals, and children are most welcome. Sugar, banana, and Protea farm tours can be arranged.
There is a great variety of birds both in the garden and in the farm’s indigenous forests, grasslands, and around the dam (over 75 species recorded). The garden is ‘home’ to two resident Spotted Eagle Owls, which have produced much-photographed owlets annually for the past eleven years. The magical Dlinza Forest Aerial Boardwalk, a ‘must’ for all birders, is nearby.
Game reserves are an easy 90-minute drive away, whilst good swimming beaches are only 40 minutes away. Eshowe itself has many attractions including:
- Dlinza Forest Aerial Boardwalk, with its canopy walkway and 20m high viewing platform, walking trails, bird hide, educational displays, picnic sites, and Visitor Centre.–Specialist Birding Guides for this and the Zululand Birding Route can be arranged in advance if required
- Fort Nongqayi Museum Village, including Vukani Zulu Cultural Museum, the Zululand Historical Museum, Eshowe Butterfly Dome and Children’s Playground, KZN Papermakers, and Adams Outpost Restaurant.
- Easy day trips can be taken to Game Reserves, beaches, and Zulu cultural villages.
- Eshowe Hills Golf Course and Country Club are opposite the farm entrance.
- Shakaland is a 20-minute drive away.
- Battlefields and historical tours around Eshowe-guides can be booked.
- There are numerous restaurants and takeaways in Eshowe, 2kms away.