More about the bird club:
A very enthusiastic group of birders. A few of us do atlassing.
We arrange a Saturday morning meeting about 4 times a year. Activities include doing walks and weekends away and longer excursions up to 5 days.
We also run a vulture restaurant project with WESSA and Rotary and run a Blue Crane project with WESSA and Rotary.
Other things we have done/do:
- Produce Birds of the Magaliesberg Biosphere (a detailed birders' guide to the area)
- We do 2 CWAC counts a year on the Hartbeespoort dam
- We assist and co-manage the area clean-up days
- We are the custodians of the Magaliesberg IBA
- Involved in conservation activities in the region
Single and/or family membership: R 150 a year